pictures that follow are "clickable"
"Maxi-Flash" is a R/C-controlled, high-current LED Sequencer Controller that
can be built using almost any type of MOSFET, controlling loads over 30+ amps!
BUY ONE NOW!
A lil' history ...
project, called "Maxi-Flash", is a miniature
programmable LED Sequencer/Flasher that is based around the
Mini-Flash LED Navigation Lighting controller
which is a PC-programmable, 4 LED channels sequencer that also incorporates Radio
Control (R/C) functions. The Maxi-Flash uses high-current MOSFETs (30+
amps each) for driving high-current loads, unlike the Mini-Flash that uses
smaller NPN transistors (600mA each). These functions allow the Maxi-Flash to be used
for high-current applications such as high-power scale navigation lighting and even night-time flying! The user at any
time can reprogram the LED sequencer using a
PC-based (i.e. Windows) program that includes a unique and intuitive
Graphical User Interface. In fact, the servo lead which is
normally plugged into a spare R/C receiver channel for control, is
also used to reprogram the Maxi-Flash flasher/sequencer via a computer's serial
port (9-pin) connection and programming cable. (If
you do not have a serial port on your computer, most
USB-to-Serial Converters work too...
Click here to see a
verified list). The free downloadable
programming software also allows the user to "test" the LED sequence
they develop by use of software-based graphical representations of the 4
LED channels. The sequence speed can also be programmed by the
user. Each sequence contains 50 events and each of the 4 LED
channels can be either ON or OFF for every events. If the user
wants to develop a sequence with fewer events, this can also easily be
As if these are not enough features, the
"Maxi-Flash" also includes
a control for each of the 4 channels that allows the user to use an R/C servo
output (from a R/C receiver) as a "switch" control for the 4 LED channels.
This feature allows the user to control (active or inactive) each of the 4
channels in regards to the position of the servo control input. If the
user uses a stick or slider for control input, the use will be able to program 1
of 4 "Zones"; 0-1/4 stick, 1/4-1/2 stick, 1/2-3/4 stick and 3/4-Full stick).
If the user uses a switch as the servo input, the user will be able to define
one of 2 "Zone" settings for each LED channel (either 0-1/4 and 3/4-Full).
Design Criteria Summary:
1) Design a simply and cheap programmable LED
flasher around 8-pin PIC
2) Design so LED sequencing speed and sequence pattern is programmable
3) Lightweight and simple to build (DIY)
4) Power off of existing R/C servo connector
5) Use servo signal to vary how each LED channel responds (turn programmed
chanel/pattern on or off)
6) Design programming software so it's intuitive and provide varying functions
7) Interface to computer using RS-232 (9-pin) connector most computers have...
Can be used with most USB-to-Serial Converters (Click here to see
a list that works)
8) Programmable almost indefinitely... change your sequence pattern/speed many,
9) Powers High-Current Loads! (Depends on MOSFETs used... can be up to 30+
Parts & Tools List
(1) PIC 12F683 Chip (preprogrammed with Maxi-Flash code)
2) Three (3) 10K ohm resistors (2 for Maxi-flash, one for programming cable)
3) One (1) 2.2K resistor
4) One (1) Servo Lead/Pigtail wire for Maxi-Flash
5) One (1) 16 pin (8x2) Dual-Row header (male)
6) Four (4) MOSFET Transistors (almost any n-channel MOSFET will work)
7) One (1) RS-232 9-pin female connector (to connect to PC com port)
8) One (1) RS-232 9-pin Hood/Cover
9) One (1) Programming Cable Wire (i.e. Servo Extension)
10) One (1) Programming cable wire (2 conductor wire, 4' or so)
11) 8 dual-row headers (mating connectors for Maxi-Flash Header)
12) 3 pieces of heat shrink tubing for assembly (for Maxi-Flash & programming
(Note: Customer is
responsible for supplying LEDs and connecting wires...
LEDs are sold separately
in the DIYRC webstore... CLICK HERE!)
WANT TO BUY A PRE-ASSEMBLED & TESTED
(Assembled & Tested)
CLICK HERE TO
BUY ONE NOW !
LIMITED SUPPLY !
Pre-Programmed PIC Only
(This is for one pre-programmed PIC only... no other
CLICK HERE TO BUY ONE NOW !
LIMITED SUPPLY !
* MAXI-FLASH BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS *
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE
Testing and Operation Instructions...
MAXI-FLASH USERS' MANUAL
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE
USERS' MANUAL FOR THE MAXI-FLASH
Q1. How ?